The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Bookselling Tools: The Phone Cam

When I'm out stoopsaling, I carry a well-stocked utility belt: a palm pilot (with my buying lists), pocket handbooks of 1st edition points, a five-borough atlas, canvas and plastic bags, a fold-up cart, a cliff bar + apple, coffee...but the one thing I can never remember is a pen or pencil. I have no idea why. It's kind of pathetic.

I do, however, alway keep my bee and sperm confusing cell phone at the ready. When I see a stoop sale sign, I shoot a picture:


Then I can toggle through the gallery and plan my route. You could use a full-size digital camera (with more legible results) but the phone cam is handier. Also if you have an Alfred back at the BatCave, you can send "What the hell is this?" pic messages when you find mysterious items.

No comments: