The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Field Report: Slim Pickings

Not much out there this weekend.


I picked up another Harry Potter 1st printing for an eventual eBay lot; a nice copy of the Miyazaki My Neighbor Totoro storybook with images from the film; an early Boni and Liveright Modern Library and a decent collection of high-grade Mad Magazines from the 60s and early 70s (including a Beatles cover, and issues with parodies of Star Wars, Rosemary's Baby and Clockwork Orange).


Fun but not very easy to sell.

Today was the first day I used Craigslist and Google maps together to really map out my route. It kept the fruitless walking to a minimum but has anyone else noticed that stoop sales posted on Craigslist tend to be oversold? Most of my better finds were picked up on the way to a Craigslist sale.

My plan for next week is to print and piece together a complete neighborhood map, and then laminate it for use with a wipe-off marker. That would come in very handy indeed.

No comments: