The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of an online bookseller
in Brooklyn, New York.

Epic battles in the Salvation Army

Homeric journeys to the post office

Friday, June 1, 2007

Pizza Platter Model Airplane

I recently bought a large collection of model airplane magazines dating back to the 1950s. In the process of listing and detailing their contents, I came across some really cool plans that I am--sadly--not mechanically savvy enough to put together. This was one of my favorites. It's remote control plane / flying saucer made out of a disposable pizza tray!

This plan was created by Don Mowrer and published in Model Airplane News (June 1966, Vol. LXXIII #6). Here's links to the full plans: Page1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4.

You're on your own for the radio hand set but I'm sure that info is readily available.

Man, what Ed Wood could have done with this kind of technology.

Happy flying!

No comments: