The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Bookthink Profile

Bookthink just posted a profile of me and there's been a heartening outbreak of red stars over my visitor map. Yay! Welcome to the new readers. I hope you will chime in. If you leave a comment on this post (and you have a web presence), I will add you to my blogroll.

To the readers who don't know about Bookthink, my subscription to their newsletters was one of my smartest purchases as a bookseller. They provide a wealth of book-buying and business tips, with articles from notable collectors and sellers across the field. Plus lots of flashpoints and discussions of hidden gems and cult authors. I credit Bookthink with helping me take bookselling full time.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Hey William,
I saw your profile on Bookthink then came over and read some of your blog.
I am just getting a new blog off the ground. We've had our store's blog going for a few years but I decided to start one geared towards book selling. I believe the number of online sellers will rise dramatically in the next couple of years and we'd like to help them out. I don't mean to compete with Bookthink - Craig's site has helped me out quite a bit, in fact we will probably have a link to them. I think we can differ from them by offering more everyday tips tricks and interesting stories(2 or 3 a day) where he is more known for his excellent weekly in depth articles

- To get to the point. I'd like to have 4 or 5 regular contributors to the site. What I would like to receive is a short original post whenever it is convenient for you(perhaps 1 a week?). What can I offer? I plan on some aggressive marketing with this site and have high hopes for getting lots of traffic. We can then re-direct some of that traffic to you (your blog or abe listings). Definitely a link to you in each post and a short profile under 'staff writers' or something similar. The blog is still very new and rather empty but you can get a feel for the look of it. www.bookshopblog.com
Let me know if this interests you, thanks for your time.

Bruce
www.zeebabooks.com