The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

DailyLit

I just subscribed to daily installments of Middlemarch and Democracy in America (Alexis De Tocqueville) via RSS feed.

Dailylit offers email and RSS subscriptions to classics (and new Creative Commons-licensed works) in digestible, web-friendly chunks. I read the first installment of each and the texts were legible and ended at sensible points.

I tried this approach before with Pepys diary but it was in blog format, pre-RSS and I didn't stick with it. I may chuck these eventually and pick up the real books but for now it's a good way to get into substantial books that I've been neglecting.

Let's see if they have a suggestion page so I can request 1001 Nights...

Thanks to Another 52 Books for the link.

No comments: