The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Desk Set Party Girls

I am well behind on this one but the Times recently published a lifestyle piece on the new breed of librarian. They are tech-savvy, tattooed, and wear sexy retro glasses!

Having watched a number of friends drop everything and heed the call, I can testify that the trade is definitely experiencing a renaissance of interest (though judging from the blog reaction to the piece, not all are happy to be re pigeon-holed as reference desk hipsters).

3 comments:

John Klima said...

I did it for the hawt retro glasses myself.

William Smith said...

I hope you glance saucily over the top of them RRRRRrrrrrr.

John Klima said...

I have matching 6" high heels to better enact my shushing powers.