The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Erottery & Sexeramics

Somehow I've started an accidental collection of erotic pottery and ceramics. Thought I would share. This pin-up girl ashtray is one of my favorite things in the world. If someone put a cigarette out on her, I would kick their f***ing ass.

When I found these chinese figures, they had been kept outside in a garden or something and I had to really get in there with a Q-tip to clean them up. They are VERY detailed.


Notice that the Manchu-era couple have a healthy sex life while the Maoist is a eunuch. Not sure if there is some kind of political commentary implicit.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Love love love the pinup ashtray... my wife would kill for it!

William Smith said...

Yeah, I've gotta fight them off with sticks, I tell ya.