The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Unfamiliar Armed Services Edition

Just found this special discount sticker for men in uniform on a digest-size paperback of Erle Stanley Gardner's Murder Up My Sleeve (Bestseller Mystery / Lawrence E. Spivak B29). I've seen many variations on the ASEs but this is the first time I've encountered a sticker as an indicator. I wonder if this is the way they were "remaindered" since these were digests instead of mass markets?

1 comment:

June from Altered Books said...

Its a bit off topic, but your post reminded me so much of my youth when I spent every available moment reading every one of Erle Stanley Gardiner's novels. As a young teen, I had a peculiar fascination with Perry Mason. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.