The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Robert Bonfils Newsstand Library Covers

I just scanned in a few great Newsstand Library covers by pulp artist extraordinaire, Robert Bonfils:




Craftsmanship and reproduction-wise the Newsstand covers are some of my favorite work of his. I'm not sure why they're not more widely collected (maybe because Newsstand didn't have as interesting a stable of pseudonymous writers as did Nightstand/Corinth--Lawrence Block, Donald Westlake, Robert Silverberg, Harlan Ellison, et al). That means that you can grab them up for the covers at nice affordable prices though.

I spent all of yesterday working through this massive pile of sleaze pbs.


Now I'm completely cross-eyed, and I feel like the kid who got caught smoking and then his Dad makes him finish a whole carton.

See the fruits of my sickness in the Pulp Fiction Cover Gallery (now broken down by decade), and shop for smut in my PB new arrivals.

And as always you can subscribe to an RSS feed of my covers here:

Hang Fire Flickr Feed

UPDATE: Speaking of filth, I busted out all of my sleaze, sexploitation links into their own section in the side-bar.

Venture not, if ye are below the age of XVIII or bonded in IX to V servitude (nsfw).

No comments: