The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Book CSI: Crunchy Goodness

I've been a champion for the use of recycled packing materials for a while now. As long as it's clean and provide the necessary protection, I appreciate thrift and resourcefulness in packaging.

It had to happen though...I just received books in the proverbial cereal box



While undoubtedly nutritious "Go Lean CRUNCH!" provides little to no impact or crush protection.

Thankfully when I buy books I usually only want one or two of them and the rest of the lot is padding by proxy.

2 comments:

Nathan - Bat Country Books said...

I had a poster I paid $100 for shipped to me in a used pizza box, complete with greasy cheese stuck to the lid. The grease stained the poster.. Needless to say, I was royally pissed.

jgodsey said...

congratulations you got trashed!
i am SOOO blogging this.