The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Friday, March 21, 2008

High-Five Fridays #10

Back on the horse after a week of creeping Windows issues. My scanner is still acting like it doesn't know me but at least I can blog.

Here's some things I was lucky enough to be able to read this week.

#1. Discovery of the Original Mile High Collection: Chuck Rozanski's multi-part epic about his acquisition of the "Mile High Comic Collection", an extremely hi-grade collection of nearly every comic published between 1938-1958. He includes lots of personal detail like living in his '63 Chevy Impala while traveling between comic conventions make money for college tuition, Mile High Comics, link via BoingBoing.

#2. Disturbingly, eerily, brain-burningly cute dog picture: Trust me on this. I don't do "cute" very often, Flickr user Marcus.

#3. Do It Yourself Pasties and the Burlesque Handbook at School of Burlesque.

#4. Some Tips for Ad Image Design: Banner design philosophy and how to catch eyeballs with correctly timed animation. Great information. Use it only for good. Nora O'Neill at The Bookshop Blog.

#5. The 9 Most Annoying People I Always See at the Bookstore: Grating types that always turn up at the chain stores. Must admit that I'm frequently guilty of "couch sitting". I spent way too many years wearing the paper hat at B&N. They owe me. Bookgasm


Find out how to give your High-Five Fridays here!

The purpose of this meme is to give high-fives to 5 people, posts, blogs and/or websites you've admired during the week. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 5 high-fives on Friday. Trackbacks, pings, linky widgets, comment links accepted!
Visiting fellow High-Fivers is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your High-Fives in others comments (please note if NWS).

Find more High-Five Friday folks here!

1 comment:

Secondhand Rose said...

Aloof scanners and other gadgets are so curb-side-ready in my book ;)

Naturally, I read the "Mile High Collection" title a bit differently...