The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flying Witch and Charybdis Plans

I just sold a large lot of model magazines to an overseas buyer and I didn't want to let these two peculiar aircraft plans get away.

First this plan for a Flying Witch's Broom by Frank Scott (American Aircraft Modeler, Nov 1972)

Page: 1, 2, 3

Next this spiraling, single-wing craft named "Charybdis" by designer Charles W. McCutcheon (American Aircraft Modeler, Oct 1972)

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Don't hurt yourself!

1 comment:

Joel said...

I built a Charybdis in 1972 when I was about 14 years old! I remember it fondly. It flew really well once you got the right amount of clay on it. It was one crazy contraption to watch fly, that's for sure. Those were the days!