The Hang Fire Books Blog

The rantings of a bookdealer in Brooklyn, New York.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Algonquin Holiday Snaps

Just returned from a damp but relaxing two weeks in Ontario's Algonquin Park. Read all my books, ate like a horse, and did some paddlin'. Here are a few snaps.

Dock frog.


Don't call the CSPCA. He likes it in there.

Pics from an overnight portage.



Mushrooms that I'm 95% sure were of the delicious oyster variety (but definitely not the ominous, kidney-failure inducing "Destroying Angels" that I made the mistake of describing to Alice).

Next time I bring a better guide book.

Lastly my first 400+ (432) Scrabble game achieved in the car ride home. 3 bingos with "Goiters", "steered" and "untimely".

A landmark for me. [This was using the Stevenson blank replacement house rule though. Probably not copacetic in a tournament].

See the rest of the trip photos here. If you use "slideshow" I put them in more or less chronological order.

Alright. I'm relaxed and more or less ready to return to the grind.

1 comment:

goiterless as of 1:30PM said...

Congratulations on your goiters