- My second Da Vinci Code 1st after looking at 1000s of CR pages. Sadly the price has tanked and I need to bury them for a few decades
- A beautiful Enzo Mari Animal puzzle (images here, here, and here) that I bought from a consistently triple fair-priced estate sale. The sale runners were supposed "pros" and priced at the highest realized final values on eBay (regardless of condition, or the fact that this was a Wednesday morning in Bushwick). I paid $5 for this since they had no idea what they had. Realized $275 at auction. Nyaaah. NOTE: This was the resin edition from '72. The original wooden version from the 1950s must fetch thousands
- Crumb's Book of Genesis
- Get Tough! 1st Edition of hand-to-hand fighting manual, "as Taught to the British Commandos, and U. S. Armed Forces". Wartime issue paperback in original HTF dust wrapper
- A selection of Hot Rod and Big Daddy Roth titles
- Handmade big rig toy chest! 52" x 18". Working wheels, removable trailer, detailed open cab. I f***ing love this thing!
- Large pile of 100% wool and marino wool yarn, some handspun. According to the wife--for whom these were a bribe--yarn like this fetches $8-10 a skein. I paid $.50 each (don't tell her)
- Tubful of Warhammer 40k Space Marines and LOTR miniatures. These can go for decent coin but it will require extensive undercover 21 Jump Street-style geek research.
As always click on the images above to view in Flickr (w/ thrift-o-vision annotations). These are part of the "Junk in Your Trunk" pool devoted to documenting yard sale and thrift hauls.